Planning & Zoning Commission
The Johnstown Planning and Zoning Commission is a committee of seven residents who have been appointed by the Town Council to review matters related to planning and development. The Commission meets on a regular, as-required basis to consider land use matters, including the Comprehensive Land Use Plan, sub-area specific plans, and to hold public hearings regarding property-specific annexations, special use permits, and subdivisions. The Commission is an advisory body and makes recommendations to the Town Council. Because the Commission focuses on community planning issues, it is a valuable intermediary between the public and the Town Council. The Town Planner provides research and technical and administrative support to the Commission.
Seven Johnstown residents are appointed by Town Council for four-year terms to serve on the Commission:
- Lila Montez, Vice Chair
- Terry Eady
- Paul Kingsolver
- Larry Storms
- Patricia Kiovsky
- Jason Grentz
- Bruce Weber
NOTICE OF VACANCY
Town of Johnstown -- Planning and Zoning Commission
The Town of Johnstown is accepting applications for a vacancy on the Planning and Zoning Commission. This position is appointed by Town Council for a four-year term. Applicants must be residents of the Town of Johnstown and reside within the limits of the Town during their appointments.
Application packets are available at the link provided below or at the Town Clerk's Office, 450 South Parish Ave., Johnstown, CO, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2019. The Planning and Zoning Commission will then meet with the applicants and make a recommendation to Town Council.
- Meetings are held at 7:00 p.m., on Wednesday evenings, at Town Hall – 450 S Parish Ave., Johnstown, CO.
- Regular Planning & Zoning Commission meetings are scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Supplemental meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday of the month only as necessary.
- Meetings are held only when there are items on an agenda.
- Agendas will be published below at least 5 days prior to each meeting.
- All meetings are open to the public, and all residents of the area are invited to attend.
- Most items heard by the PZC will also be review/heard by the Town Council at their subsequent regular meetings.
2020 Meeting Dates
|January 8, 2020|
|February 12, 2020|
|March 11, 2020|
|April 8, 2020|
|May 13, 2020|
|June 10, 2020|
|July 8, 2020|
|August 12, 2020|
|September 16, 2020|
|October 14, 2020|
|November 18, 2020|
|December 9, 2020|